- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DELTA, Mo. -- Funeral for John C. "Muck" James of Delta will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo. The Rev. Jessie Long will officiate. Burial will be in Dongola Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 4-8 p.m. today.
James, 75, died Monday, Sept. 17, 2001, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 15, 1926, at Hurricane Fork, Mo., son of Henry and Annie Francis James. He and Nellie Mae Wilfong were married July 16, 1949, in Piggott, Ark.
James was a mechanic at McDonald Concrete in Cape Girardeau.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Mary Schott of Perkins, Mo., Janet DeBrock of Leopold, Mo., Linda James of Morley, Mo.; two brothers, Charles James of Chaffee, Mo., Hadley James of Arbor, Mo.; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.