- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
COBDEN, Ill. -- Ray D. Sronce, 54, of Cobden died Monday, Sept. 17, 2001, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born March 13, 1947, in Anna, son of Paul and Helen Juanita Young Sronce. He and Darlene Dallas were married Oct. 20, 1970, in Jonesboro, Ill.
Sronce was retired from Greyhound Bus Lines. He was a member of Cobden American Legion Post 259.
He served two tours in the U.S. Marine Corps and was a veteran of the Vietnam War.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Darrick Sronce of Paris, Ill., Shawn Sronce of Cobden; two daughters, Valery Sronce of Metropolis, Ill., Tiffany Sronce of Cobden; two sisters, Bonnie Payne of Dayton, Ind., Ruth Boren of Springfield, Ill.; a brother, Donnie Sronce of Cobden; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, and three brothers and sisters.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden after 6 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Janet Lindsey officiating. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery, with military honors by Cobden American Legion Post 259 and Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 of Anna.