- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Richard Sanders Sr.
DELTA, Mo. -- Richard E. Sanders Sr., 54, of Delta died Monday, Sept. 17, 2001, on his farm near Advance, Mo.
He was born Oct. 19, 1946, in Cape Girardeau, son of Earl John and Faye Huey Sanders Jr. He and Ruth Jones were married Nov. 15, 1968.
Sanders was a graduate of Delta High School and Southeast Missouri State University. He owned and operated Quality Metal in Delta, and was a self-employed farmer who raised row crops and cattle.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Richard E. Sanders Jr. of Delta; two daughters, Sheila Sanders and Amanda Sanders of Delta; his mother of Delta; two brothers and a sister-in-law, Robert and MaDonna Sanders of Whitewater, Mo., John Sanders of Delta; two sisters, Phyllis Sanders of Cape Girardeau, Sally Sanders of Sikeston, Mo.; two nephews, Aaron Sanders and James Sanders of Whitewater.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother, Huey Patrick Sanders.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo., after 4 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ron Shrum officiating. Burial will be in Kenyon Cemetery at Delta.