- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)26
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Nearly 270 found in mass grave
BELGRADE, Yugoslavia -- Nearly 270 bodies believed to be ethnic Albanians killed during the war in Kosovo have been exhumed from a mass grave near Belgrade, a district court said Tuesday.
The Belgrade district court said that the mass grave located in Batajnica, a village about 6 miles north of Belgrade, contained "at least" 269 bodies -- mostly men of all ages.
Two more mass graves, containing more than 100 bodies, have been discovered in Serbia, Yugoslavia's larger republic, since the ouster of former president Slobodan Milosevic from power last October.
The new, pro-democracy authorities have accused Milosevic of ordering the transfer of bodies of ethnic Albanians killed during the 1998-99 war in Kosovo to other parts of Serbia in an attempt to cover up war crimes.