- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Nearly 270 found in mass grave
BELGRADE, Yugoslavia -- Nearly 270 bodies believed to be ethnic Albanians killed during the war in Kosovo have been exhumed from a mass grave near Belgrade, a district court said Tuesday.
The Belgrade district court said that the mass grave located in Batajnica, a village about 6 miles north of Belgrade, contained "at least" 269 bodies -- mostly men of all ages.
Two more mass graves, containing more than 100 bodies, have been discovered in Serbia, Yugoslavia's larger republic, since the ouster of former president Slobodan Milosevic from power last October.
The new, pro-democracy authorities have accused Milosevic of ordering the transfer of bodies of ethnic Albanians killed during the 1998-99 war in Kosovo to other parts of Serbia in an attempt to cover up war crimes.