- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Nearly 270 found in mass grave
BELGRADE, Yugoslavia -- Nearly 270 bodies believed to be ethnic Albanians killed during the war in Kosovo have been exhumed from a mass grave near Belgrade, a district court said Tuesday.
The Belgrade district court said that the mass grave located in Batajnica, a village about 6 miles north of Belgrade, contained "at least" 269 bodies -- mostly men of all ages.
Two more mass graves, containing more than 100 bodies, have been discovered in Serbia, Yugoslavia's larger republic, since the ouster of former president Slobodan Milosevic from power last October.
The new, pro-democracy authorities have accused Milosevic of ordering the transfer of bodies of ethnic Albanians killed during the 1998-99 war in Kosovo to other parts of Serbia in an attempt to cover up war crimes.