- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
WYATT, Mo. -- Ernest Edward Brown, 84, of Wyatt died Saturday, Sept. 15, 2001, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born March 10, 1917, in Wyatt, son of John J. and Maggie Belle Goode Brown. He and Goldia D. Sullivan were married Dec. 14, 1938. She died Sept. 9, 1988.
A resident of Wyatt most of his life, Brown lived 17 years in Morlan, Calif., where he worked at Growers Gin Co.
Survivors include a son, Edward "Dub" Brown of Knoxville, Tenn.; a daughter, Lela Jo Whitehead of Wyatt; two brothers, Estel "Hade" Brown and Clifford Brown of Brawley, Calif.; two sisters, Mary Todd of Wyatt, Dorothy Griggs of Brawley; 15 grandchildren; and 33 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three daughters, five brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo., from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Kenneth Gibson will officiate. Burial will be in IOOF Cemetery near Charleston.