- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Mary Susan Hogan Sharp and Paul Nathan Babb were married Aug. 10, 2001, at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Milton F. Ryan performed the double ring ceremony. Musician was Jeffrey Overbey of Cape Girardeau. Vocalists were Jessica Sharp of Cape Girardeau, daughter of the bride, and Barbara Sharp of Aurora, Colo., sister-in-law of the bride.
Parents of the bride are Mr. and Mrs. Edward A. Hogan of Cincinnati, Ohio. The groom is the son of Marlys Babb of Denman Island, British Columbia, Canada, and the late James Babb.
Matron of honor was Mary Anne Coulson of Cincinnati, sister of the bride.
Best man was Kevin Babb of Santa Cruz, Calif., son of the groom.
Other attendants were the couple's children: Kevin and Tracy Babb of Santa Cruz; Amanda Sharp of Greenville, N.C.; Emily, Jessica and Christopher Sharp of Cape Girardeau.
Guest book attendants were Jennifer and Michelle Nedilnycky.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the church parish center.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 9 at Ryan's Family Steak House.
The bride received a bachelor's degree in biology from the College of William and Mary in Virginia in 1973, a master's degree in biology from Texas A&M University in 1977, and a master's degree in religion from Loyola University in New Orleans in 1994. She was a junior high religion teacher at St. Vincent's School. She is teaching religion at Holy Cross Elementary School in Santa Cruz.
The groom received a bachelor's degree in biology from the University of California at Santa Cruz in 1973. He is a captain with the university's fire department.
The couple resides in Santa Cruz.