- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
CAIRO, Ill. -- Funeral for Mary M. Stevens of Cairo will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo. Dr. Larry L. Potts will officiate. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Cemetery at Mounds, Ill.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 5-8 p.m. today.
Stevens, 75, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2001, at her home.
She was born April 1, 1926, in Cairo, daughter of Ben and Mamie Butler Harget. She married Chesley W. "Slick" Stevens.
Stevens was a member of Cairo Baptist Church, VFW Auxiliary, and active in children's activities in the Cairo area.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Herbert and Billy Washam of Cairo; a sister, Louise Sullivan of Dupo, Ill.; two brothers, Charles Harget of Waterloo, Ill., Harold Harget of Dover, Del.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandsons.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two sisters, and three brothers.