- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)1
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Wear ribbons to show support for dead, nation
To the editor:
Do you remember our hostages in Iran, our boys in Desert Storm, the blowing up of the Challenger, AIDS victims, breast-cancer victims? We wore ribbons above our hearts to remember these people.
May I suggest that we all buy red, white and blue ribbons and wear them above our hearts to show our support for those who lost their lives Tuesday and to support our government in the actions that it will take.
I am a U.S. Navy reservist at the Naval Reserve Center in Cape Girardeau. I wore my ribbon today.