- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
Wear ribbons to show support for dead, nation
To the editor:
Do you remember our hostages in Iran, our boys in Desert Storm, the blowing up of the Challenger, AIDS victims, breast-cancer victims? We wore ribbons above our hearts to remember these people.
May I suggest that we all buy red, white and blue ribbons and wear them above our hearts to show our support for those who lost their lives Tuesday and to support our government in the actions that it will take.
I am a U.S. Navy reservist at the Naval Reserve Center in Cape Girardeau. I wore my ribbon today.