- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)4
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Wear ribbons to show support for dead, nation
To the editor:
Do you remember our hostages in Iran, our boys in Desert Storm, the blowing up of the Challenger, AIDS victims, breast-cancer victims? We wore ribbons above our hearts to remember these people.
May I suggest that we all buy red, white and blue ribbons and wear them above our hearts to show our support for those who lost their lives Tuesday and to support our government in the actions that it will take.
I am a U.S. Navy reservist at the Naval Reserve Center in Cape Girardeau. I wore my ribbon today.