- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Wear ribbons to show support for dead, nation
To the editor:
Do you remember our hostages in Iran, our boys in Desert Storm, the blowing up of the Challenger, AIDS victims, breast-cancer victims? We wore ribbons above our hearts to remember these people.
May I suggest that we all buy red, white and blue ribbons and wear them above our hearts to show our support for those who lost their lives Tuesday and to support our government in the actions that it will take.
I am a U.S. Navy reservist at the Naval Reserve Center in Cape Girardeau. I wore my ribbon today.