- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Wear ribbons to show support for dead, nation
To the editor:
Do you remember our hostages in Iran, our boys in Desert Storm, the blowing up of the Challenger, AIDS victims, breast-cancer victims? We wore ribbons above our hearts to remember these people.
May I suggest that we all buy red, white and blue ribbons and wear them above our hearts to show our support for those who lost their lives Tuesday and to support our government in the actions that it will take.
I am a U.S. Navy reservist at the Naval Reserve Center in Cape Girardeau. I wore my ribbon today.