- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)9
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Amtrak train crashes in western Utah
WENDOVER, Utah (AP) -- An Amtrak train crashed into another train Thursday, and a hospital was told to expect casualties, a spokesman said.
LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City has activated its "mass casualty plan" but no deaths have been confirmed, spokesman Jess Gomez said. The accident east of Wendover happened between 5 and 6 a.m., Gomez said.
The hospital has also sent its helicopter to the scene, he said.
Wendover is in west-central Utah near the Nevada line.