- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)22
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)10
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Amtrak train crashes in western Utah
WENDOVER, Utah (AP) -- An Amtrak train crashed into another train Thursday, and a hospital was told to expect casualties, a spokesman said.
LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City has activated its "mass casualty plan" but no deaths have been confirmed, spokesman Jess Gomez said. The accident east of Wendover happened between 5 and 6 a.m., Gomez said.
The hospital has also sent its helicopter to the scene, he said.
Wendover is in west-central Utah near the Nevada line.