- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Vertis Irene Ralls, 78, of Anna died Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2001, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Oct. 2, 1922, in Delta, Ill., daughter of Harry and Lou Gearing Goleaner. She and Robert Lee Ralls were married Dec. 22, 1940, in Jackson, Mo.
Ralls was a member of Jonesboro Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Peggy Youngblood of Anna; three sons, Jack Ralls of Dongola, Ill., Darrell and Dennis Ralls of Anna; 15 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two granddaughters, two sisters, and two brothers.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 6 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Rev. Joe Aldridge and Carolyn Green will officiate. Burial will be in Valley Mission Cemetery.