- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Unseen helpers made HOG rally a huge success
To the editor:
The fabulous pop-culture event we witnessed in Cape Girardeau this past weekend, the Harley Owners Group Missouri State Rally, was certainly a feather in our city's cap. Comments from participants were glowing. Certainly much credit for the success of the event goes to our Convention and Visitors Bureau. In the media coverage of the rally, others behind the scenes were left unrecognized.
The SEMO HOG Chapter started the process of acquiring the state rally almost two years ago under the leadership of Sonny Minor of Minor's Harley-Davidson/Suzuki Sales Inc. and Les Glastetter, then director of the SEMO HOG Chapter. These people were instrumental in acquiring the rally for Cape along with the CVB representatives.
Additionally, a local committee made up primarily of members of our local HOG chapter has worked extensively over the past year to make sure everything came off smoothly. Those were Mike "Smitty" Schmidt, Tim Estes, Pat Jenkins, Dave Hutson and Brad "Chrome Dawg" Sample. I'm sure I've missed some people who deserve recognition, but to those behind-the-scenes volunteers, you did a great job.
ROGER C. ARPIN