- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Alligator bites leg off Florida man
The Associated Press
SANIBEL, Fla. -- An 11-foot alligator killed an elderly man walking his dog by a canal, biting off part of his leg. It was the third deadly alligator incident in Florida this year.
Robert Steele, 81, was declared dead at a hospital Tuesday. Investigators think he may have tried to protect his dog when he was attacked.