- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
No stock listings
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. -- An entertainment industry publicist pleaded innocent Wednesday to 26 counts stemming from a crash outside a Hamptons nightclub that injured 16 people.
Elizabeth Grubman, whose clients have included Britney Spears, initially was accused of intentionally backing her vehicle into a crowd outside the Conscience Point Inn in Southampton, on eastern Long Island, on July 7. However, the grand jury declined to indict her on a charge of charge of intentional assault with depraved indifference.
She was allowed to remain free on $25,000 bail pending an Oct. 15 court appearance.
Grubman's attorney, Stephen Scaring, believes she will be acquitted.
Sixteen people suffered injuries ranging from cuts and bruises to broken bones.
The charges included second- and third-degree assault, vehicular assault, leaving the scene of an accident -- all felonies -- and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor.