- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
No stock listings
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. -- An entertainment industry publicist pleaded innocent Wednesday to 26 counts stemming from a crash outside a Hamptons nightclub that injured 16 people.
Elizabeth Grubman, whose clients have included Britney Spears, initially was accused of intentionally backing her vehicle into a crowd outside the Conscience Point Inn in Southampton, on eastern Long Island, on July 7. However, the grand jury declined to indict her on a charge of charge of intentional assault with depraved indifference.
She was allowed to remain free on $25,000 bail pending an Oct. 15 court appearance.
Grubman's attorney, Stephen Scaring, believes she will be acquitted.
Sixteen people suffered injuries ranging from cuts and bruises to broken bones.
The charges included second- and third-degree assault, vehicular assault, leaving the scene of an accident -- all felonies -- and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, a misdemeanor.