- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BERTRAND, Mo. -- Eva Jewell Jones, 83, of Bertrand died Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2001, at Bertrand Retirement Facility.
She was born Aug. 16, 1918, in Hickman, Ky., daughter of Orb and Hettie McClanahan Denning. She and James Andrew "Doc" Jones were married June 9, 1934. He died Feb. 11, 1987.
Jones lived in Mississippi County most of her life. She was a member of the Church of God of Prophecy, and had been a Sunday School teacher and president of its Women's Missionary Society.
Survivors include a son, James "Jimmy" Jones of Bertrand; four daughters, Pansy Terrell, Marie Crumley, Linda Parr, all of Bertrand, Juanita Riddle of Dexter, Mo.; three brothers, Warren Denning of Charleston, Mo., J.W. Denning of Cape Girardeau, Alvie Denning of Wheaton, Ill.; three sisters, Lena Fagan of Cahokia, Ill., Edna Zook of St. Louis, Sylvia Houston of Pacific, Mo.; 19 grandchildren; 32 great-grandchildren; and nine great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a great-grandson.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Eskew officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.