- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BELL CITY, Mo. -- Flossie M. Gregory, 94, of Bell City died Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2001, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 7, 1907, at Campbell, Mo., daughter of James and Martha Wright Fish. She and Frank Gregory were married Feb. 10, 1926, at Bell City. He died May 17, 1975.
Gregory was a cook at Bell City Schools several years. She had also been a cook in restaurants. She helped deliver babies in the community and was a child care provider many years. She also raised several children.
Survivors include a brother, Ike Fish of Lancaster, Calif.; three sisters, Esther Bell of Michigan, Junell Davis of Piggott, Ark., Lorene Ramsey of Everett, Wash.; two stepbrothers, W.B. Lightfoot of Fayetteville, Ark., and J.R. Lightfoot of Belleville, Ill.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, a sister, a stepbrother, and a stepsister.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo., from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Geraldine Dell and Bertha Newell will officiate. Burial will be in Bell City Cemetery.