- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Funeral for Edith Kenney of Monett, Mo., will be held at 2 p.m. today at McQueen Funeral Home in Wheaton, Mo. Dick Palmer will officiate. Burial will be in Union Cemetery at Stella, Mo.
Kenney, 94, died Sunday, Sept. 9, 2001, at Monett Health Care Center in Monett.
She was born July 17, 1907, at Stella, daughter of Henry and Rose Woods Long. She and Joe V. Kenney were married Feb. 27, 1932, at Pineville, Mo. He died Aug. 3, 1996.
Kenney was a lifelong resident of the Monett area.
Survivors include a son, James Kenney of Joplin, Mo.; five daughters, Donna Palmer of Cape Girardeau, Carol Hukriede of Clinton, Mo., Leta Cole of Clovis, N.M., Joyce Chapman of Pierce City, Mo., Jolene Bremer of Monett; 19 grandchildren; and 41 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, three sisters, and a grandson.