- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cow injures two at SEMO Fair
Two people were trampled by a cow that was spooked at the SEMO District Fair Tuesday night.
A woman and a 3-year-old girl were injured when the 300-pound animal jumped when it was being led into the livestock tent at the fair.
Emergency personnel said the woman shielded the little girl when she saw the cow getting startled, taking the brunt of the cow's abuse. She suffered head and back injuries.
The child was bruised but seemed to suffer no major injuries.
Both were treated at St. Francis Medical Center.