- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cancelled sports events
CANCELEDSports events canceled or postponed because of Tuesday's terrorist attacks.
AUTO RACING: NASCAR canceled qualifying Friday for the New Hampshire 300. Sports Car Club of America postponed the Solo II(r) Nationals held at Forbes Field in Topeka, Kan., until Thursday morning. NHRA postponed Keystone Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway in Reading, Pa., until Oct. 4-7.
BASEBALL: All 15 major league games (Toronto at Baltimore, Minnesota at Detroit, Chicago White Sox at N.Y. Yankees, Boston at Tampa Bay, Cleveland at Kansas City, Seattle at Anaheim, Texas at Oakland, N.Y. Mets at Pittsburgh, Montreal at Florida, Philadelphia at Atlanta, Cincinnati at Chicago Cubs, San Francisco at Houston, St. Louis at Milwaukee, Colorado at Arizona, Los Angeles at San Diego). Chicago White Sox at N.Y. Yankees today also postponed. All minor league baseball games scheduled for Tuesday.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Ohio and North Carolina State game scheduled Thursday is rescheduled for Nov. 24, and Texas Tech-UTEP game Thursday is temporarily rescheduled for Saturday. Penn State-Virginia game scheduled for Thursday is postponed. Brown canceled its football game at San Diego on Saturday. Washington-Miami game scheduled for Saturday is postponed.
GOLF: PGA Tour canceled Thursday's starts of the World Golf Championship and two other tournaments.
HOCKEY: Toronto Maple Leafs postponed trip to training camp in Newfoundland, and Buffalo Sabres postponed trip to St. Catharines, Ontario. Carolina Hurricanes postponed start of training camp until today. Germany's Nuremberg Ice Tigers, which has three Americans, voted against playing a game Tuesday.
HORSE RACING: All live racing around the country. Calder Race Course, Laurel Park and Pimlico Race Course closed at least through today.
SOCCER: U.S. Women's Cup doubleheader scheduled for Tuesday, U.S. vs. Japan, Germany vs. China. Four Major League Soccer games scheduled for today (Dallas at D.C. United, Miami at New York-New Jersey, Columbus at Colorado and San Jose at the Los Angeles Galaxy).