- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
Church fund raiser teaches wonderful lesson
P St. Andrew Lutheran Church gave every member $10 and asked them to make the money grow in order to provided financial aid to Mission India.
The congregation at St. Andrew Lutheran Church demonstrated ingenuity and creativity by turning $4,500 into $20,500 to help Mission India.
The church distributed $4,500 to its members in May and collected $16,000 more by the time the campaign ended in August. Members each got $10 and devised all types of creative ways to make money with the money they were given.
It was a project that not only aided the mission but brought the congregation closer together, and they had fun doing it. The effort was also a good example of multiplying talents, as written in Luke 19.