- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Church fund raiser teaches wonderful lesson
P St. Andrew Lutheran Church gave every member $10 and asked them to make the money grow in order to provided financial aid to Mission India.
The congregation at St. Andrew Lutheran Church demonstrated ingenuity and creativity by turning $4,500 into $20,500 to help Mission India.
The church distributed $4,500 to its members in May and collected $16,000 more by the time the campaign ended in August. Members each got $10 and devised all types of creative ways to make money with the money they were given.
It was a project that not only aided the mission but brought the congregation closer together, and they had fun doing it. The effort was also a good example of multiplying talents, as written in Luke 19.