- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Church fund raiser teaches wonderful lesson
P St. Andrew Lutheran Church gave every member $10 and asked them to make the money grow in order to provided financial aid to Mission India.
The congregation at St. Andrew Lutheran Church demonstrated ingenuity and creativity by turning $4,500 into $20,500 to help Mission India.
The church distributed $4,500 to its members in May and collected $16,000 more by the time the campaign ended in August. Members each got $10 and devised all types of creative ways to make money with the money they were given.
It was a project that not only aided the mission but brought the congregation closer together, and they had fun doing it. The effort was also a good example of multiplying talents, as written in Luke 19.