- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Church fund raiser teaches wonderful lesson
P St. Andrew Lutheran Church gave every member $10 and asked them to make the money grow in order to provided financial aid to Mission India.
The congregation at St. Andrew Lutheran Church demonstrated ingenuity and creativity by turning $4,500 into $20,500 to help Mission India.
The church distributed $4,500 to its members in May and collected $16,000 more by the time the campaign ended in August. Members each got $10 and devised all types of creative ways to make money with the money they were given.
It was a project that not only aided the mission but brought the congregation closer together, and they had fun doing it. The effort was also a good example of multiplying talents, as written in Luke 19.