- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)9
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Church fund raiser teaches wonderful lesson
P St. Andrew Lutheran Church gave every member $10 and asked them to make the money grow in order to provided financial aid to Mission India.
The congregation at St. Andrew Lutheran Church demonstrated ingenuity and creativity by turning $4,500 into $20,500 to help Mission India.
The church distributed $4,500 to its members in May and collected $16,000 more by the time the campaign ended in August. Members each got $10 and devised all types of creative ways to make money with the money they were given.
It was a project that not only aided the mission but brought the congregation closer together, and they had fun doing it. The effort was also a good example of multiplying talents, as written in Luke 19.