- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
SEMO District Fair is week of thrills, fun
Today marks the opening of the 146th annual SEMO District Fair, the oldest fair in Missouri.
The event transforms Arena Park in Cape Girardeau into a wonderland of colorful sights and tantalizing smells. There's literally something for everyone, from stomach-turning rides to livestock to country music.
It may be just a little tougher to get there this year. Due to bridge reconstruction, drivers accustomed to taking East Rodney Drive will have to take Hopper Road to Hawthorne Road to get to some fair parking this year. But it's just a minor inconvenience and well worth the effort.
The event runs through Sept. 15.
No one should miss out on this city treasure. It promises to be bigger and better than ever.