- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
COBDEN, Ill. -- Barbara Jane Mixen, 75, of Pomona, Ill., formerly of Cobden, died Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2001, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 24, 1926, in Murphysboro, Ill., daughter of Frank and Ossie Keeley Parker. She and James O. "Chub" Mixen were married March 22, 1947, in Piggott, Ark. He died Feb. 25, 1991.
Mixen retired as a CNA from Union County Hospital. She was a member of VFW Auxiliary in Anna, Ill.
Survivors include a daughter, Susie Sanders of Pomona; and two grandsons.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, and a sister.
Graveside service will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Cobden Cemetery, with the Rev. Clifford Heil officiating.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home at Cobden is in charge of arrangements.