- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Richard Beard Sr.
Richard R. "Whiz" Beard Sr., 68, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Sept. 6, 2001, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Nov. 5, 1932, at Belleview, Mo., son of Cecil Carl and Stella May Pender Beard. He and Barbara Wulfers were married Jan. 25, 1980, in Cape Girardeau.
Beard was a driver with All-Star Transportation. He was a member of Hanover Lutheran Church.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Richard "Buck" Beard Jr. of Jackson, Mo., Timothy E. Beard of Cape Girardeau; 10 daughters, Sande Meyer of Cape Girardeau, Rhonda Dorris of Shawneetown, Mo., Patty Fischer of Oak Ridge, Mo., Cyndy Petitt of St. Louis, Jeanie Statler of Fenton, Mo., Diane Bickings of Kelso, Mo., Linda Stieffermann of Washington, Mo., Debra Suhre of Jackson, Laura Younghouse of Cape Girardeau, Kimberly Kasten of Jackson; two sisters, Betty Lou Adams of Jackson, Jackie Buress of St. Louis; 28 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home from 4-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Jeffrey Sippy will officiate. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.