- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Abortion doctor offers momentoes of dead fetuses
To the editor:
Dr. George Tiller, who specializes in abortions up to 38 weeks gestation in his Wichita death clinic, has come up with a gimmick.
His clinic is famous for its grief-management services. This includes viewing the dead baby after its delivery, holding the dead baby after delivery, photographs of the little body, baptism of the baby, footprints and handprints of the baby and -- the best lie of all -- a certificate of premature miscarriage. Cremation is offered. He will also arrange for burial.
Tiller's Web page reads, "Grief is a very complex emotion which is expressed in many different ways. You might want to consider a token of the precious time you and your baby had together."
Yes, moms and dads can now bring back memories of the child they murdered with loving pictures and footprints for the family albums.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS