- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)12
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Abortion doctor offers momentoes of dead fetuses
To the editor:
Dr. George Tiller, who specializes in abortions up to 38 weeks gestation in his Wichita death clinic, has come up with a gimmick.
His clinic is famous for its grief-management services. This includes viewing the dead baby after its delivery, holding the dead baby after delivery, photographs of the little body, baptism of the baby, footprints and handprints of the baby and -- the best lie of all -- a certificate of premature miscarriage. Cremation is offered. He will also arrange for burial.
Tiller's Web page reads, "Grief is a very complex emotion which is expressed in many different ways. You might want to consider a token of the precious time you and your baby had together."
Yes, moms and dads can now bring back memories of the child they murdered with loving pictures and footprints for the family albums.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS