- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Abortion doctor offers momentoes of dead fetuses
To the editor:
Dr. George Tiller, who specializes in abortions up to 38 weeks gestation in his Wichita death clinic, has come up with a gimmick.
His clinic is famous for its grief-management services. This includes viewing the dead baby after its delivery, holding the dead baby after delivery, photographs of the little body, baptism of the baby, footprints and handprints of the baby and -- the best lie of all -- a certificate of premature miscarriage. Cremation is offered. He will also arrange for burial.
Tiller's Web page reads, "Grief is a very complex emotion which is expressed in many different ways. You might want to consider a token of the precious time you and your baby had together."
Yes, moms and dads can now bring back memories of the child they murdered with loving pictures and footprints for the family albums.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS