- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Abortion doctor offers momentoes of dead fetuses
To the editor:
Dr. George Tiller, who specializes in abortions up to 38 weeks gestation in his Wichita death clinic, has come up with a gimmick.
His clinic is famous for its grief-management services. This includes viewing the dead baby after its delivery, holding the dead baby after delivery, photographs of the little body, baptism of the baby, footprints and handprints of the baby and -- the best lie of all -- a certificate of premature miscarriage. Cremation is offered. He will also arrange for burial.
Tiller's Web page reads, "Grief is a very complex emotion which is expressed in many different ways. You might want to consider a token of the precious time you and your baby had together."
Yes, moms and dads can now bring back memories of the child they murdered with loving pictures and footprints for the family albums.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS