- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Welcome to Cape Girardeau, Harley owners
There are family reunions in Cape Girardeau year-around. But the reunion starting today at Osage Community Centre will be one of the largest. And, if all the participants decide to rev their V-twin engines at the same time, it could be one of the loudest.
Some 3,000 proud owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, affectionately known as "hawgs," are coming to town for the Missouri State HOG Rally. There are events starting this afternoon and lasting through Sunday morning. One event that is sure to draw a lot of attention is the parade through Cape Girardeau starting at 7 p.m. Saturday.
Like most groups that meet in Cape Girardeau, the Harley enthusiasts will contribute to the local economy. If the Convention and Visitors Bureau estimates are accurate, owners of the bikes -- which cost about $10,000 -- will leave about $1 million in our town.
This is the first time the HOG rally has been in Cape Girardeau, so let's make sure our well-deserved reputation for hospitality shines this weekend.
Welcome to Cape Girardeau, Missouri HOG Rally.