- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Welcome to Cape Girardeau, Harley owners
There are family reunions in Cape Girardeau year-around. But the reunion starting today at Osage Community Centre will be one of the largest. And, if all the participants decide to rev their V-twin engines at the same time, it could be one of the loudest.
Some 3,000 proud owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, affectionately known as "hawgs," are coming to town for the Missouri State HOG Rally. There are events starting this afternoon and lasting through Sunday morning. One event that is sure to draw a lot of attention is the parade through Cape Girardeau starting at 7 p.m. Saturday.
Like most groups that meet in Cape Girardeau, the Harley enthusiasts will contribute to the local economy. If the Convention and Visitors Bureau estimates are accurate, owners of the bikes -- which cost about $10,000 -- will leave about $1 million in our town.
This is the first time the HOG rally has been in Cape Girardeau, so let's make sure our well-deserved reputation for hospitality shines this weekend.
Welcome to Cape Girardeau, Missouri HOG Rally.