- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
John Tlapek reappointed to SEMO Board of Regents
John C. Tlapek of Cape Girardeau will serve a second term on the Southeast Missouri State University Board of Regents.
Gov. Bob Holden reappointed Tlapek to a six-year term on Wednesday, retroactive to Jan. 1 of this year. His term will end on Jan. 1, 2007.
Tlapek, 42, was appointed to the post in 1998 by then-Gov. Mel Carnahan to fill the vacancy created by the death of Donald Harrison, who died in December 1997.
Tlapek was out of town Wednesday and couldn't be reached for comment.
Southeast President Dr. Ken Dobbins welcomed Tlapek's reappointment. He said the university has benefited from Tlapek's business background. Tlapek often is a guest lecturer in the university's department of finance and management.
Tlapek is president of the Summit Equity Group, chairman of the board of Auto Tire and Parts Race Park, majority owner of Shaefer's Power Panels and partner in C.S. Partners Real Estate Co. Tlapek earned his bachelor's degree in business administration from Southeast.
He is a member of the Automotive Service Industry Association.