- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Daughter to Jay D. and Susan Skinner of Dallas, Texas, Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas, 5:25 p.m. Tuesday, July 31, 2001. Name, Rhiannon Elizabeth. Weight, 6 pounds 14 ounces. Second child, first daughter. Mrs. Skinner is the former Susan Lorberg, daughter of Jerry and Barbara Lorberg of Gordonville, Mo. She is a self-employed graphic designer. Skinner is the son of Jerry and Janet Skinner of Wichita, Kan. He is a geophysicist with Kerr McGee.
Twin sons to Patrick and Amy Higgins of Cape Girardeau, St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, Sunday, Aug. 26, 2001. Colin Patrick was born at 8:47 p.m. and weighed 3 pounds 15 ounces. Matthew Thomas was born at 8:49 p.m. and weighed 3 pounds 13 ounces. The couple also has a daughter. Mrs. Higgins is the daughter of Larry and Jean Smith of Bonne Terre, Mo. Mr. and Mrs. Higgins own Creative Data Systems. He is the son of Tom and Mary Higgins of Cape Girardeau.
Daughter to Donnie and Michelle Marie Whitaker of Jackson, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 3:27 a.m. Monday, Aug. 27, 2001. Name, Michaela Sierra Rose. Weight, 4 pounds 14 ounces. Mrs. Whitaker is the former Michelle Merchant, daughter of Anna Merchant of Gordonville, Mo. She is a cashier at Wal-Mart in Jackson. Whitaker is a truck driver with Star Transport.
Daughter to Joseph Heath and Jennifer Anne Lucas of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 7:40 a.m. Monday, Aug. 27, 2001. Name, Mollie Elizabeth. Weight, 6 pounds 9 ounces. Third child, second daughter. Mrs. Lucas is the former Jennifer Lyle, daughter of Judi Lyle of Cape Girardeau and Jim and Randye Lyle of St. Louis. Lucas is the son of Mary T. Lucas of Cape Girardeau. He is a salesman with Auffenberg Chrysler.
Daughter to Steven Anthony and Jenifer Leigh Menz of Jackson, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 9:40 p.m. Monday, Aug. 27, 2001. Name, Kelly Ann. Weight, 8 pounds 3 1/2 ounces. Second child, first daughter. Mrs. Menz is the former Jenifer Curry, daughter of Joe and Janice Curry of Campbell, Mo. Mr. and Mrs. Menz are employed at Procter & Gamble. He is the son of Alfred and Helen Menz of Kelso, Mo.
Daughter to Kevin and Theresa Vangilder of Loveland, Ohio, Christ Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, 7:29 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2001. Name, Macey Allen. Weight, 7 pounds 6 ounces. Fifth child, fourth daughter. Mrs. Vangilder is the former Theresa Willis, daughter of Jane Bishop Warner of Chehalis, Wash., and formerly of Cape Girardeau, and the late Maurice Allen "Bub" Willis of Olive Branch, Ill. Vangilder is the son of Clifford William Vangilder and Violet Gosnell Vangilder of Middletown, Ohio, and formerly of Cape Girardeau. He is a manager with Procter & Gamble.