- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Christine May, 84, of Sikeston, died Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2001, at the Sikeston Convalescent Center.
She was born Sept. 23, 1916, in Clay County, Ark., the daughter of Joseph Lewis and Willie Lavada Wagner Murphy. She married Oather Liddell May on May 19, 1934. He preceded her in death on Oct. 5, 1980. She also married Robert Franklin. He also preceded her in death.
She was a member of the Sikeston Community Church.
She is survived by a son, Ray Liddell May of Sikeston; a daughter, Patricia Franklin Ruch of Jackson, Mo.; four grandsons and seven great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5-8 p.m. today at the Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
Services will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home with the Rev. Dolan Rogers, pastor of the Sikeston Community Church, officiating.
Burial will be at the Woodland Heights Cemetery in Rector, Ark.