- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Gary LeRoy Ernst, 59, of Perryville died Monday, Sept. 3, 2001, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
He was born April 19, 1942, at Perryville, son of Gilbert A. and Gladys M. Moore Ernst.
Ernst worked in information systems at Perry County Memorial Hospital. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and American Legion Post 133.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his mother of Perryville; three sisters, Joyce Ernst of Perryville, Linda McDermott of Independence, Mo., and Sandra Schetter of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother.
A memorial Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. The Rev. Kevin Fausz will officiate.
Friends may call at the church Saturday from 9 a.m. until time of service.