- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Germaine traded to Chiefs; Rams sign Jamie Martin as backup
After an 0-for-4 performance in the Rams last preseason game, backup St. Louis Rams quarterback Joe Germaine was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for a sixth round pick. The Rams signed former Rams back-up and long-time Martz student Jamie Martin to a two-year contract. Martin had been cut earlier in the day by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Martin, a seven-year veteran, has a better than 64 percent completion rate in the NFL, but he has been a journeyman quarterback since arriving in the League from Weber State.
Germaine, a fourth-round draft pick for the Rams three years ago, will rejoin Dick Vermeil, the coach who originally drafted him, in Kansas City.
In other Rams news, defensive safety Devin Bush was cut due to salary cap problems caused by the injury of fullback Larry Bowie. Because