- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Germaine traded to Chiefs; Rams sign Jamie Martin as backup
After an 0-for-4 performance in the Rams last preseason game, backup St. Louis Rams quarterback Joe Germaine was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for a sixth round pick. The Rams signed former Rams back-up and long-time Martz student Jamie Martin to a two-year contract. Martin had been cut earlier in the day by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Martin, a seven-year veteran, has a better than 64 percent completion rate in the NFL, but he has been a journeyman quarterback since arriving in the League from Weber State.
Germaine, a fourth-round draft pick for the Rams three years ago, will rejoin Dick Vermeil, the coach who originally drafted him, in Kansas City.
In other Rams news, defensive safety Devin Bush was cut due to salary cap problems caused by the injury of fullback Larry Bowie. Because