- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Michelle Renee Huffman and Michael Wayne Laxton were married Aug. 11, 2001, at Locust Grove Chapel in Marble Hill, Mo. The Rev. Brad Long performed the ceremony. Pianist was Marie Morgan of Marble Hill.
Gene and Suellen Penny of Cape Girardeau are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Kathleen Amos of Park Hills, Mo.
The bride was presented in marriage by her father.
Maid of honor was Angie Scheineger of Scott City, Mo.
Jerry Toombs of Marble Hill was best man. Ushers were Lonnie Huffman Jr., son of the bride, and Tyler Howard, son of the groom.
Guest book attendant was Kristina Huffman, daughter of the bride. Favors were handed out by Brandi and Brandon Huffman, daughter and son of the bride, and Billie Laxton, daughter of the groom.
Following the ceremony, a reception and buffet was held at the groom's home.
The couple is residing in Marble Hill.