- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Boy hit by car at school bus stop
An 8-year-old Cape Girardeau boy was hit by a car Friday after getting off a school bus.
Cape Girardeau Police Officer Daryl Ferris said the child was playing with friends near the bus stop when he fell in front of an oncoming car, driven by Ricky R. Flye, 24, also of Cape Girardeau.
Ferris said the bus stop is busy, with several children who live in the area using it.
Coleman was taken to Southeast Missouri Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition on Saturday.