- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Three students graduate from ROTC camps
Three area students have graduated from the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) camps recently. Cadets completed a five-week course of military leadership training and evaluation exercises in communications, management, and survival training.
Andrea E. Bullerdieck graduated from basic Camp Challenge at Fort Knox, Ky. She is a student at Truman State University in Kirksville, Mo. Bullerdieck is the daughter of Mike Bullerdieck and Kelly McKerrow of Perryville, Mo. She is a 1999 graduate of Perryville High School.
Charles P. Waldron graduated from Advanced Camp at Fort Lewis in Tacoma, Wash. After graduating from college, he will be commissioned as a second lieutenant to serve in the U.S. Army, National Guard or Reserve. Waldron is a student at Davidson College in N. C. He is the son of Ken Waldron of Jackson, Mo.
Gabriel P. Pfefferkorn graduated from Advanced Camp at Fort Lewis in Tacoma, Wash. He is a student at the University of Missouri in Columbia, Mo. Pfefferkorn is the son of Bill and Mary Jo Pfefferkorn of Chaffee, Mo.
Barker graduates Army basic training
Army National Guard Pfc. Ryan J. Barker has graduated from basic military training at Fort Leonard Wood in Waynesville, Mo. He is the son of Sheila Jones of Jackson, Mo.
Jenkins graduates from Air Force basic training
Air Force Airman Jessica M. Jenkins has graduated from basic training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. She is the daughter of Robert and Brenda Jenkins of Perryville, Mo., and is a 1996 graduate of Perryville High School.
Huck achieves seaman apprentice status
S.A. Joshua T. Huck graduated from the Great Lakes Naval Training Center Aug. 17. He underwent nine weeks of training to receive his seaman apprentice status and will receive intelligence training at Virginia Beach, Va.
Huck is the son of James Huck of Cape Girardeau and Cynthia Foulk of St. Louis.
Reeves finishes Marine electrician course
Marine Corps Pfc. Jeremy N. Reeves, son of Sheila and Steve Enderle of Chaffee, Mo., recently completed the basic electrician's course at Marine Corps Engineer School, at Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune, N.C. Reeves is a 1996 graduate of Jackson High School in Jackson, Mo. He joined the Marine Corps in July 2000.
Clardy gets Marine achievement award
Pvt. Eddie D. Clardy Jr., completed recruit training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, Calif. He was presented a Certificate of Achievement commending his exceptional fortitude and commitment. He is stationed at Camp Pendleton in California for combat training. Then he will be trained in combat support.
He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Clardy Sr., and father of Hunter Clardy of Jackson, Mo. He is a 1998 graduate of Jackson High School in Jackson.
-- From staff reports