- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
German, British soccer fans fight in beer hall before World Cup
MUNICH, Germany -- Soccer fans fought near a train station and wrecked a downtown beer hall, smashing windows, table and chairs before Saturday's key World Cup qualifying game between Germany and England.
Three fans were injured and 40 people were arrested. Another 35 were arrested in Frankfurt as police tried to prevent a confrontation there Friday night.
A street near the station in Munich was closed after 100 police officers broke up fighting between hundreds of German and English fans.
The three injured were hit by glasses and chairs as 50 German and British fans tangled at the Augustiner Bierhalle, a well known beer hall downtown.