- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
German, British soccer fans fight in beer hall before World Cup
MUNICH, Germany -- Soccer fans fought near a train station and wrecked a downtown beer hall, smashing windows, table and chairs before Saturday's key World Cup qualifying game between Germany and England.
Three fans were injured and 40 people were arrested. Another 35 were arrested in Frankfurt as police tried to prevent a confrontation there Friday night.
A street near the station in Munich was closed after 100 police officers broke up fighting between hundreds of German and English fans.
The three injured were hit by glasses and chairs as 50 German and British fans tangled at the Augustiner Bierhalle, a well known beer hall downtown.