- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
German, British soccer fans fight in beer hall before World Cup
MUNICH, Germany -- Soccer fans fought near a train station and wrecked a downtown beer hall, smashing windows, table and chairs before Saturday's key World Cup qualifying game between Germany and England.
Three fans were injured and 40 people were arrested. Another 35 were arrested in Frankfurt as police tried to prevent a confrontation there Friday night.
A street near the station in Munich was closed after 100 police officers broke up fighting between hundreds of German and English fans.
The three injured were hit by glasses and chairs as 50 German and British fans tangled at the Augustiner Bierhalle, a well known beer hall downtown.