- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Principal's memo mistakenly distributed
SPRINGFIELD , Ore. -- In a back-to-school message accidentally sent to parents and students at Briggs Middle School, the principal described students as "snot-nosed" and "hormonally charged juvenile delinquents."
Mike Riplinger, who says the letter was tongue-in-cheek and not meant to be publicly distributed, offered a letter of apology to the school, students and parents.
In the letter, Riplinger said he made an "error in judgment" and wrote, "I am privileged to get the opportunity to work with your children ... to share in their growth and help shape their futures."
The school district accepted Riplinger's apology and some parents also seemed ready to forgive.
Window display shows live swimsuit modelsCHARLESTON, S.C. -- It's not quite the red light district in Amsterdam, but one swimsuit store's window display is turning heads and profits.
At Rhett Butler's T-shirt and gift shop about a dozen young women and some men have spent the summer modeling swimsuits in the storefront window.
Mark Henry, a co-owner of the store, came up with the idea but was a little nervous when the models first appeared. Now the gimmick is paying off.
Henry's biggest problem has been turning down potential models that have swarmed the store looking for jobs. "It just got out of hand," he said. --AP