- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Hardy, Ark., paper joins Rust chain
The Cherokee Villager Journal, a weekly newspaper in Hardy, Ark., became a member of the Rust Communications chain on Friday.
The Villager Journal has over 3,100 subscribers and is the legal newspaper in Sharp County, one of the fastest growing counties in Arkansas.
Former owner David Cox will continue to manage the publication, which now becomes part of Areawide Media in Salem, Ark., which was acquired by Rust Communications from Paxton Media Group in January.