- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Henry M. Broeker, 83, of Perryville died Thursday, Aug. 30, 2001, at his home.
He was born Feb. 16, 1918, at Yount, Mo., son of Herman F. and Zelpha LaRose Broeker. He and Ida Mae Favier were married Feb. 16, 1939, at Claryville, Mo.
Broeker was a retired truck driver. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and American Legion Post 133.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Donald Broeker of Arnold, Mo., Roger Broeker of Perryville; five daughters, Judy Owens of Jackson, Mo., Janet Jannin of Perryville, Connie Bergtholdt of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Sally Ruessler of Friedheim, Mo., Donnia Mayfield of Sedgewickville, Mo.; 23 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 6:30-9:40 a.m. today.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. today at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Hope Cemetery, with graveside rites by American Legion Post 133.