- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Verna "Hazel" Goehman, 79, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Aug. 31, 2001, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Feb. 10, 1922, at Summerville, Mo., daughter of Earnest and Ollie Brown Duncan. She and Oscar LeRoy Goehman were married Nov. 4, 1938. He died Dec. 12, 1994.
Goehman owned and operated Grandma Hazel's Playschool in Jackson, Mo., from 1967-1984.
Survivors include three sons, Ernest Goehman of DeSoto, Mo., Otto Goehman of Cape Girardeau, William Goehman of Paducah, Ky.; a daughter, Delma Weiss of Gordonville, Mo.; a sister, Erice Abernathy of Advance, Mo.; 13 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, two daughters, two grandsons and four brothers.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Msgr. Edward Eftink will officiate. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.