- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
SE women win opener
Southeast Missouri State University's women's soccer team scored three second-half goals to down Belmont 3-0 Friday night in the season-opening SEMO Tournament.
Erika Todd netted the first score at the 68-minute mark, then Nichole Thiele and Erin Slattery scored the final two, 30 seconds apart, with about three minutes to go.
Beth Guccione made two saves in recording the shutout.
In Friday's other game, Ball State won 1-0 behind a first-half goal by Eileen Weinheimer.
Tournament play continues Sunday when Belmont takes on Ball State at noon while Jacksonville St. and Southeast follow at 2 p.m.