- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Astros win behind dramatic HR
MILWAUKEE -- Vinny Castilla hit a two-run homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give the Houston Astros a 3-2 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday night.
Jamey Wright (9-9), who struck out a career-high 12, took a five-hitter and a 2-1 lead into the ninth inning.
Lance Berkman opened the inning with a single before Wright retired the next two batters. Castilla, who also had an RBI single in the seventh, then hit a 2-0 pitch over the center-field fence for his 20th homer to give Houston the lead.
Mike Williams (4-4) pitched the eighth for the win and Billy Wagner got three outs for his 32nd save in 34 opportunities.
DIAMONDBACKS 4, PADRES 1
SAN DIEGO -- Curt Schilling earned his major league-leading 19th victory and Luis Gonzalez hit his 51st homer as Arizona beat San Diego in the first game of a doubleheader.
Danny Bautista hit two homers for the NL West-leading Diamondbacks, who won for the fifth time in seven games.
Schilling (19-6) beat the Padres for the third time in four starts this year. He took a four-hit shutout into the ninth before Ryan Klesko connected on the first pitch for his 27th home run.
EXPOS 5, PHILLIES 1
PHILADELPHIA -- Vladimir Guerrero drove in two runs and scored another to lead Montreal over Philadelphia.
The Phillies lost their third straight game. They began the day trailing Atlanta by one game in the NL East.
REDS 11, PIRATES 3
CINCINNATI -- Robin Jennings hit a grand slam for his first major league homer and also tripled with the bases loaded, powering the Cincinnati Reds over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
METS 6, MARLINS 1
NEW YORK -- Al Leiter hit his first career triple to highlight a four-run seventh inning and give the New York Mets a victory over the Florida Marlins.
Leiter (10-10) allowed one run and five hits in eight innings to win his third straight decision.
Leiter also delivered a two-run triple off Brad Penny (7-8) in the seventh inning. It was just Leiter's fifth hit in 107 at-bats over the past two seasons and his first RBIs since 1999.
-- From wire reports