- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Janet Reno near decision on run for governor
MIAMI -- Wrapping up a summer on the road in Florida, Janet Reno is expected to reach a decision next week on whether to run for governor -- a move that could pit her against the president's brother.
The former attorney general's decisive lead in the polls over other potential Democratic candidates -- plus the bad blood from the election fiasco last year -- could make a matchup with Gov. Jeb Bush the most-watched political contest of 2002.
"I think it would make the Super Bowl look like a preseason game," said Susan MacManus, a University of South Florida political scientist.
Reno is expected to reach a decision early next week, according to three sources close to Reno.