- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Janet Reno near decision on run for governor
MIAMI -- Wrapping up a summer on the road in Florida, Janet Reno is expected to reach a decision next week on whether to run for governor -- a move that could pit her against the president's brother.
The former attorney general's decisive lead in the polls over other potential Democratic candidates -- plus the bad blood from the election fiasco last year -- could make a matchup with Gov. Jeb Bush the most-watched political contest of 2002.
"I think it would make the Super Bowl look like a preseason game," said Susan MacManus, a University of South Florida political scientist.
Reno is expected to reach a decision early next week, according to three sources close to Reno.