- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Janet Reno near decision on run for governor
MIAMI -- Wrapping up a summer on the road in Florida, Janet Reno is expected to reach a decision next week on whether to run for governor -- a move that could pit her against the president's brother.
The former attorney general's decisive lead in the polls over other potential Democratic candidates -- plus the bad blood from the election fiasco last year -- could make a matchup with Gov. Jeb Bush the most-watched political contest of 2002.
"I think it would make the Super Bowl look like a preseason game," said Susan MacManus, a University of South Florida political scientist.
Reno is expected to reach a decision early next week, according to three sources close to Reno.