- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Janet Reno near decision on run for governor
MIAMI -- Wrapping up a summer on the road in Florida, Janet Reno is expected to reach a decision next week on whether to run for governor -- a move that could pit her against the president's brother.
The former attorney general's decisive lead in the polls over other potential Democratic candidates -- plus the bad blood from the election fiasco last year -- could make a matchup with Gov. Jeb Bush the most-watched political contest of 2002.
"I think it would make the Super Bowl look like a preseason game," said Susan MacManus, a University of South Florida political scientist.
Reno is expected to reach a decision early next week, according to three sources close to Reno.