- The message to the President I would have given (9/12/18)12
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
- Penzel picked for new Cape County Courthouse; plans unveiled (9/15/18)4
- Multiple-vehicle wreck Saturday on Interstate 55 (9/17/18)2
- Frank (the Fighter) Bertrand lives on through parents, foundation (9/15/18)
- Sugarfire Smoke House opens in Cape (9/20/18)
- The 41st annual River Tales Classic Car Show revs up downtown Cape Girardeau (9/17/18)
- Business Notebook: Women Auto Know: Amy Ybarra of GearHeads Auto Repair talks shop to educate, empower women (9/17/18)
- Work on splash pad, new restroom in early stages at Capaha Park (9/19/18)3
Guardian Angel School All School Mass & Ice Cream Social
Guardian Angel School in Oran, MO celebrated the beginning of the school year on Sunday, September 9 with an all school Mass and ice cream social. Students in Pre-k to 4th grade had parts in the Mass, such as lectors, petition readers, banner carriers, and carrier of gifts in the offertory procession. Grades 5-8 students were altar servers and in the children's choir. Some of the choir members also played the chimes and the drum for a few of the songs. It was a very uplifting Mass with all of the children participating.
Following Mass, the annual ice cream social was held in the school gym. Familes were able to enjoy a bowl of ice cream with all the trimmings, as well as a homemade dessert, provided by school parents. It was also a time for fellowship among the school students and parents. What a great start to a new school year!