- Sheriff, Scott County named in discrimination lawsuit by deputy (9/22/18)3
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
- The message to the President I would have given (9/12/18)12
- Sugarfire Smoke House opens in Cape (9/20/18)
- Multiple-vehicle wreck Saturday on Interstate 55 (9/17/18)2
- Large crowd turns out at Cape city council meeting to contest developer (9/21/18)3
- Cape experiencing a mid-town rebirth in commercial business areas (9/22/18)3
- Business Notebook: Women Auto Know: Amy Ybarra of GearHeads Auto Repair talks shop to educate, empower women (9/17/18)
- The 41st annual River Tales Classic Car Show revs up downtown Cape Girardeau (9/17/18)
Man buys Slim Jims for his dog, lottery ticket, wins $10M
FORT EDWARD, N.Y. — A New York man will be living large thanks to his decision to buy some Slim Jims for his dog.
New York Lottery officials said Monday that 73-year-old Dale Farrand recently won the $10 million prize on a Cash Spectacular scratch-off ticket.
The Fort Edward man said he bought a $30 ticket at a local Cumberland Farms convenience store while buying Slim Jims snacks for his dog Boots.
He scratched the ticket in his car and realized he was a winner. Farrand said he drove straight home and had his wife check the ticket for him.
Farrand will receive a lump-sum payment of $6.7 million after required withholdings.
He said he’ll use the windfall to pay off his mortgage, make home improvements and help his children and grandchildren.