- The message to the President I would have given (9/12/18)12
- 'Castle house' on Kingsway demolished (9/12/18)9
- Judge disqualifies three Scott Co. prosecutors from case for violation (9/13/18)2
- Penzel picked for new Cape County Courthouse; plans unveiled (9/15/18)4
- Trump visit to Cape is canceled (9/12/18)18
- Too many people feel justified to behave badly (9/13/18)21
- New strip mall under construction in Jackson (9/12/18)
- Multiple-vehicle wreck Saturday on Interstate 55 (9/17/18)2
- Frank (the Fighter) Bertrand lives on through parents, foundation (9/15/18)
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
Safe Space Cape Opens Friday September 14th
This past Saturday, the 8th, Safe Space Cape held its Open House to introduce the program to the community. This coming Friday, September 14th, will be the first day the program is open to the public. Safe Space Cape is part of the LGBTQ+ Outreach Ministry of Christ Episcopal Church - Red Door Jubilee Center. The program seeks to fill the gaps in support experienced by LGBTQ+ youth, their allies and advocates within the community. The program offers a physical meeting space as well as an environment where youth of the community and their supporters can exist free of judgement and ridicule.
Sessions for the program will be held every Friday from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, at 38 North Fountain Street in Cape Girardeau. During each session participants will have the opportunity to participate in structured group activities; educational as well as entertaining, along with free time to explore their own areas of interest and begin building friendships. The program's coordinators are hopeful to expand the hours that the program is open to the public as the program grows. If you have questions about the program please contact SafeSpaceCape@gmail.com. We hope to see and meet you soon!