- The message to the President I would have given (9/12/18)12
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
- Penzel picked for new Cape County Courthouse; plans unveiled (9/15/18)4
- Multiple-vehicle wreck Saturday on Interstate 55 (9/17/18)2
- Frank (the Fighter) Bertrand lives on through parents, foundation (9/15/18)
- Sugarfire Smoke House opens in Cape (9/20/18)
- The 41st annual River Tales Classic Car Show revs up downtown Cape Girardeau (9/17/18)
- Business Notebook: Women Auto Know: Amy Ybarra of GearHeads Auto Repair talks shop to educate, empower women (9/17/18)
- Work on splash pad, new restroom in early stages at Capaha Park (9/19/18)3
Hutson Auction a fun event for a good cause
This Saturday marks the 31st annual Charles L. Hutson Auction, the sole Old Town Cape fundraiser each year.
Coordinator Emily Vines said the event drew 320 attendees last year, and is aiming to draw a younger crowd this year.
According to a story by Joshua Hartwig, Vines said donations for bid include items from businesses inside and outside of Cape Girardeau, and also include “experiences” such as date nights at restaurants and tours, rather than gift cards.
“For us, it helps us raise the funds for the rest of the year,” Vines said. “Since we are kind of volunteer-based and we rely on people from the outside doing stuff for free for us a lot, it just helps fund our staff and helps us to continue to be able to do things.”
More details as they become available can be found online at the Old Town Cape Facebook page.
This is a good event for a good cause. We hope to see you at the auction. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. at Isle Casino Cape Girardeau.