- The message to the President I would have given (9/12/18)12
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
- Penzel picked for new Cape County Courthouse; plans unveiled (9/15/18)4
- Multiple-vehicle wreck Saturday on Interstate 55 (9/17/18)2
- Frank (the Fighter) Bertrand lives on through parents, foundation (9/15/18)
- Sugarfire Smoke House opens in Cape (9/20/18)
- The 41st annual River Tales Classic Car Show revs up downtown Cape Girardeau (9/17/18)
- Business Notebook: Women Auto Know: Amy Ybarra of GearHeads Auto Repair talks shop to educate, empower women (9/17/18)
- Work on splash pad, new restroom in early stages at Capaha Park (9/19/18)3
Honor the will of the people
In the Aug. 7 election, Missourians, by a two-thirds majority, voted down Prop A. Since then, I have heard rumor that some state legislators are considering enacting such legislation anyway. Such action would be in direct opposition to the vote of the people.
Such legislative action would be a blatant assault on our democratic rights. We have made our opinions clear at the ballot box. Legislative nullification of our votes would indicate a major problem for us as Missourians, and as Americans.
I sincerely hope said rumors are not true. If they are, our democracy and its institutions are in trouble.
Ruthellen Weinrich, Perryville, Missouri