- Vargas apologizes for beer bong decision; video clip seen 130,000 times (9/25/18)11
- Sheriff, Scott County named in discrimination lawsuit by deputy (9/22/18)3
- Cherokee Ridge Girl Scouts camp to close, decision upsets area Scout leaders (9/25/18)3
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
- Judge imposes millions against surgeon Fonn in kickback case (9/26/18)2
- Sugarfire Smoke House opens in Cape (9/20/18)
- Large crowd turns out at Cape city council meeting to contest developer (9/21/18)3
- Cape experiencing a mid-town rebirth in commercial business areas (9/22/18)3
- The show must go on: Shipyard Music Festival continues through rain (9/24/18)1
Mark Welker endorsement
Editorís note: The following Paid Election Letter has been edited to reflect the correct address of the candidateís campaign address.
I have worked in Law Enforcement in Cape Girardeau County for the past 45 years. I have worked with numerous Attorneys. Some were Prosecuting Attorneys and some were Criminal Defense Attorneys. I have found that the best Attorneys are the ones that work hard, prepare well, are fair, and honest. I had the pleasure of interacting with Mark Welker when he interned at the Cape Girardeau County Prosecuting Attorney's office in 2009. Since then I have observed Mark Welker as he has practiced law in the courtroom. I feel that Mark Welker certainly has all the qualities to make an excellent elected Prosecuting Attorney. Mark grew up in this community and is a well-known and respected attorney here. I have no reservations in endorsing Mark Welker for Prosecuting Attorney and would strongly encourage all my friends and acquaintances to vote for Mark Welker as well.
JOHN L. VOLKERDING, 8557 County Road 621, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Paid for by Mark J. Welker, 1320 N. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701