- Vargas apologizes for beer bong decision; video clip seen 130,000 times (9/25/18)12
- Sheriff, Scott County named in discrimination lawsuit by deputy (9/22/18)3
- Cherokee Ridge Girl Scouts camp to close, decision upsets area Scout leaders (9/25/18)5
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
- Judge imposes millions against surgeon Fonn in kickback case (9/26/18)2
- Sugarfire Smoke House opens in Cape (9/20/18)
- Large crowd turns out at Cape city council meeting to contest developer (9/21/18)3
- Cape experiencing a mid-town rebirth in commercial business areas (9/22/18)3
- The show must go on: Shipyard Music Festival continues through rain (9/24/18)1
My fellow Americans, I started with those words to get your attention. Do you remember who spoke those words to us? He was brave! Just listen to words on Jimmy Dean’s (the Sausage Guy) song “P.T. 109.” President Kennedy took on Russia, because of their actions in Cuba. He showed bravery in war and peace time.
I am a Vietnam veteran. I enlisted in the Navy. I wanted to serve my country.
I was sickened by our president’s remarks this week in Helsinki with Putin. He sucker punched me so hard it took my breath away. I flashed back to Jane Fonda. She went to North Vietnam and told the world how the U.S.A. was so wrong. Flash forward to July 16, 2018, and our president is saying the same thing. Veterans mobilize.
This is not politics. This is love of our country. We must protect ourselves from his ignorance, stupidity, incompetence or whatever. He is my president and he needs to represent Americans. Putin is not in our club. Shameful.
RICK MURRAY, Jackson