- Trump visit to Cape is canceled (9/12/18)18
- The message to the President I would have given (9/12/18)11
- 'Castle house' on Kingsway demolished (9/12/18)9
- Judge disqualifies three Scott Co. prosecutors from case for violation (9/13/18)2
- Command Sgt. Maj. Timothy Metheny will soon begin a high-level command post in Afghanistan (9/11/18)2
- Penzel picked for new Cape County Courthouse; plans unveiled (9/15/18)4
- New strip mall under construction in Jackson (9/12/18)
- Too many people feel justified to behave badly (9/13/18)21
- Multiple-vehicle wreck Saturday on Interstate 55 (9/17/18)2
- Cape police chief: presidential visit security 'very daunting' (9/11/18)
Experience matters for prosecutor
I'm asking for your vote on Aug. 7, 2018, in the Republican primary, to be the next prosecuting attorney of Cape Girardeau County. My opponent, Mark Welker, claims he's tough and experienced on Facebook, but offers no evident of either. I'm publicly challenging Mr. Welker to tell our community how he is qualified to be the chief prosecutor of a first-class county.
My qualifications are the following: 18 years criminal experience; 16 years prosecuting criminals; well over 100 jury trials involving violent felonies (murders, rapes, arsons, robberies, armed assaults, crimes against children, domestic assaults, drug crimes); over 95 percent conviction rate, member of Child Advocacy Centers, Sexual Assault and Child Death Review Teams.
William Bryant, PO Box 132, Jackson, Missouri 63755
Paid for by Bryant for Prosecutor