- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
- Business Notebook: A flexible future: Yoga East Healing Arts Studio has a new owner in Sue Greenwood (7/9/18)
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
Benton 'Butch' Welker
SEDGEWICKVILLE, Mo. — Benton Ray “Butch” Welker, 58, of Sedgewickville died Friday, July 6, 2018, at his home.
He was born June 9, 1960, in Advance, Missouri, son of Arizona Benton and Mary Caroline Welker. He married Debbie Upchurch Welker on Dec. 24, 1981. She survives in Sedgewickville.
Butch was a foreman at Brune Mobile Homes and was vice president of Bikers Against Child Abuse.
Survivors include two sons, Matthew (Missi) Welker of Marble Hill, Missouri, and Justin (Rachel) Welker of Perryville, Missouri; one brother and five sisters, Bill (the late Sharon) Welker of Bessville, Missouri, Shirley (Bill) Young of Marble Hill, JoAnn (the late Pete) Kirkpatrick of Marble Hill, Dot (Jim) Lincoln of Scopus, Missouri, Jan (Dean) Eaker of Grassy, Missouri, and Brenda (Randy) Johnson of Scopus; and four grandchildren, Dusty Cook, Andrea Welker, Kendra Welker and Joanna Welker.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville.
Funeral service will be held at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Chad Hollingsworth officiating. Burial will be in Crossroads United Methodist Church Cemetery.
Memorials preferred for family use.
Online condolences may be made at www.youngandsonsfuneral.com.