- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
- Business Notebook: A flexible future: Yoga East Healing Arts Studio has a new owner in Sue Greenwood (7/9/18)
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
Ruby Whaley Atherton
Ruby Pearl Whaley Atherton, 89, of Jackson died Friday, July 6, 2018, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 5, 1928, in Cape Girardeau to John and Sarah Elizabeth Littlepage Cauhorn. She and Clarence Vernon Atherton were married May 16, 1971. He preceded her in death June 26, 2008.
She was a nurse's aide at Saint Francis Medical Center and Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
She is survived by two sons, Larry (Anna) Whaley of Cape Girardeau and James (Rita) Whaley of Jackson; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was also preceded in death by two brothers and six sisters.
Visitation will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Virgil Kelm officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery in Scott City.
Online condolences may be shared at www.amick-burnettfuneralchapels.com.